3D printers are cool! I knew about 3D printing for about three or four years ago, and it didn't spark as much as interest as it does now. Since I'm going to get my mechanical engineering degree, I was thinking about what's the closest thing to actual engineering--3D printing! Hopefully, when I finish school, I would acquire the skills to design and build my own cool stuff (I'm pretty sure I will).
On the website, thingiverse.com, people post their own inventions, so other people can download and print the file. People made some pretty cool stuff: electric motors, knickknacks, sculptures, 3D painting prints (?), etc. There is literally no limit on what you can build!
So tell me down below on what you think about 3D printing? Would you get one? Do you think this is the next step in technology? Will people casually have these in their homes? What would you build?
No comments:
Post a Comment